Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Here you will find information and advice on the MCSE certification. You can see what the job requirements are for an MCSE engineer together with appropriate MCSE Training Courses.
The demand for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) training and associated qualification in IT jobs across the UK is on the increase with certified individuals being able to command a salary in the region of £35k.
The MCSE certification is awarded to individuals that possess the expertise and skills to design, implement, and administer the Windows operating system and Microsoft Windows Server System. Before undertaking the MCSE training and subsequent sitting of exams, an MCSE candidate should have at least one year of experience implementing and administering a network operating system and a client operating system, and designing a network infrastructure.
Seven exams need to be passed before a candidate can become MCSE 2003 certified:
- Four core exams on networking systems
- One core exam on client operating systems
- One core design exam
- One elective exam
Core exams on networking systems (all are required)
Core exams on client operating systems (select one)
Core design exams (select one)
Elective exams (select one)
- Exam 70-086: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0
- Exam 70-089: Planning, Deploying, and Managing Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003
- Exam 70-227: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition
- Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
- Exam 70-229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
- Exam 70-235: TS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Exam 70-236: TS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
- Exam 70-262: TS: Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 – Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting
- Exam 70-281: Planning, Deploying, and Managing an Enterprise Project Management Solution
- Exam 70-282: Designing, Deploying, and Managing a Network Solution for a Small- and Medium-Sized Business
- Exam 70-284: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Exam 70-285: Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization
- Exam 70-297: Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
- Exam 70-298: Designing Security for a Windows Server 2003 Network
- Exam 70-299: Implementing and Administering Security in a Windows Server 2003 Network
- Exam 70-301: Managing, Organizing, and Delivering IT Projects by Using Microsoft Solutions Framework 3.0
- Exam 70-350: Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004
- Exam 70-351: TS: Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006, Configuring
- Exam 70-400: TS: Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring
- Exam 70-401: TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring
- Exam 70-431: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Implementation and Maintenance
- Exam 70-445: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence – Implementation and Maintenance
- Exam 70-500: TS: Microsoft Windows Mobile Designing, Implementing, and Managing
- Exam 70-557: TS: Microsoft Forefront Client and Server, Configuration
- Exam 70-620: TS: Windows Vista, Configuring
- Exam 70-624: TS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops
- Exam 70-630: TS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuring
- Exam 70-631: TS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuring
- Exam 70-638: TS: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Configuring
For more information please visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx
Which electives you select will be dependent on your company’s infrastructure and systems. Check with your IT Manager if you are unsure about which would be the most appropriate electives to choose. For instance if you have exchange server then one of the exchange exams would be appropriate and so forth. If you still can’t decide then there are some MCSE certification tracks available to you such as MCSE Messaging and MCSE Security, which are pre-selected training bundles.
There is a great range of training options to choose from today with the primary ones being classroom or instructor led training and computer based training (CBT) – via web or computer. Additionally there are books, guides, training kits and many other tools and resources available to supplement the main MCSE courses. Some training centres also provide a blended learning option, which is a combination of both classroom training and CBT training. Just check with the training consultant when you are making your enquiry and make sure you select the right training option for you. Ensure your training solution is one that meets your budget, times and specific training area requirements.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Certification
With the latest technology offering from Microsoft of Windows Server 2008, the new MCTS certification is fast becoming the hottest credential for IT technicians. If you are MCSE 2003 certified, you can take the following courses to update your skills to Windows Server 2008:
MCSE Exam 70-649: Upgrading Your MCSE to Windows Server 2008 (Coming Soon)
- 9 DVD-ROMs featuring live instructor-led classroom sessions with full audio, video and demonstration components
- Printable courseware
- MeasureUp Exam Simulators
- Focused on practical solutions to real-world development problems
- Free 1 Year Upgrade Policy
- Course 6415A: Updating your Network Infrastructure Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008
- Course 6416A: Updating your Active Directory Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008
- Course 6417A: Updating your Application Platform Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008
- Single User CD Course £598.00 + VAT
- Single User Online Course £478.00 + VAT
- Multi User CD Course £1,196.00 + VAT
Learn directly from your home using self study Microsoft Training CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Microsoft Training courses. For Training for Operating Systems, consider computer based training OS courses. Also you have Windows Training Courses information and resources.
Windows 7 Training - Find out the latest guides to the Windows operating system - Windows 7. Windows Vista Training – What’s new about the Windows Vista certification course for Exam 70-620.
Beginner to Advanced course for the Visual Basic 2005 language – find out all you need to know using the self study VB 2005 Training Course. information or links on specific tools associated with Registry Tips.
Careers – looking for a new career? Tips and advice on taking that first step towards a new job for yourself.